People are more likely to donate blood if you simply ask them! Many people don’t know that blood donations are needed. You can help by spreading the word! Encourage your friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors to donate blood.
How to Organize a Blood Drive
Contact a blood center near you
- America’s Blood Centers at AmericasBlood.org or
- American Red Cross at RedCross.org or (800) RED-CROSS
- Ask to speak with the donor recruitment director or manager.
- Plan several months ahead.
- Know your goals and about your organization (size, mission).
- The host provides space, volunteers, and donors.
- Work with community partners to sponsor donor incentives or extra refreshments.
- Advertise. Be sure to find first-time donors.
- Schedule appointments.
- Remind potential donors about tips for successful donations.
These resources may be freely reprinted and reposted.
You can use any part of this or the entire story to raise awareness for blood donation in your church, school, or organization’s newsletter. Feel free to customize to include information about a specific blood drive.
Motivation for Blood Donation Brochure
These signs can be customized to go along your walk or 4K route.
Blood Drive Promotional Cards
These cards can be customized with your blood drive’s information.